Article No. 206601
Solvent-based wood preservative impregnation with preventive action against blue stain, soft rot and insects
Downloads & documents
- Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before using!
The stated values represent typical product characteristics and are not to be construed as binding product specifications.
Field of application
- For use on exterior wood
- Dimensionally stable wood building elements (when used as a primer only): e.g. windows and doors
- Wooden components with limited dimensional stability (only as primer): e.g. folding shutters, profiled boards, garden houses
- Wood components with no limited stability (only as primer): e.g. fences, timber-frame constructions, carports, wooden lagging
- Wood which is not in ground contact, in accordance with DIN EN 335-1, use classes 2 and 3
- Pre-treatment under translucent, opaque and oil coatings
- Preventive protection against wood-staining fungi (blue stain), wood-destroying fungi (rot) & insects
- Resistant to swelling, regulates moisture
- Contains low-odour solvents
- Good adhesion for subsequent coatings
Dimensionally stable wood building elements: wood moisture content 11-15%
Wood building elements with limited or no dimensional stability: wood moisture content max. 18%
The substrate must be clean, dust-free and dry.
Thoroughly remove any dirt, grease and non-adhering old coatings.
Take appropriate measures to protect adjacent building elements and materials that should not come into contact with the product.
Observe BFS Code of Practice No. 18 "Coatings on Wood and Wooden Working Materials in Outdoor Areas".
Apply in the direction of the grain.
Private users: apply by brush/roller in the direction of the grain.
Qualified specialist companies: brushing/rolling, automatic and manual dipping, spray tunnel method.
Rainfall may cause water soluble substances to bleed from wood that is rich in such substances, e.g. oak, red cedar, afzelia, redwood, etc. This may lead to the discolouration of light-coloured masonry or render.
Only use the product on bare wood.
Keep children and pets away from treated surfaces until completely dry.
Low temperatures, poor ventilation and high humidity delay drying.
Working tools / cleaning
Brush with natural bristles, flat brush
Clean tools immediately after use with thinner and brush cleaner.
Ensure that any residue from cleaning is disposed of correctly.
Storage / shelf life
Store in well-sealed, original containers, out of the reach of children and in a dry, cool, well-ventilated room which is protected from direct sunlight and frost. No smoking is permitted in storage areas.
Store the biocidal product in a cool, dry place and not above 40 °C.
Softwood: 160 ml/m² or 130 g/m²
Hardwood: 225 ml/m² or 180 g/m²
Brushing/rolling in 2-3 coats
Automatic and manual dipping, spray tunnel process in 1-2 coats
Larger quantities of leftover product should be disposed of in the original containers in accordance with the applicable regulations. Completely empty, clean containers should be recycled. Do not dispose of together with household waste. Do not allow to enter the sewage system. Do not empty into drains.
European waste code 03 02 02* organochlorinated wood preservatives
Safety / regulations
For further information on the safety aspects of transporting, storing and handling the product and on disposal and environmental matters, please see the current Safety Data Sheet.