Article No. 378605
Water-based, clear impregnation, primer and sanding primer
Downloads & documents
The stated values represent typical product characteristics and are not to be construed as binding product specifications.
Field of application
- For use on interior and exterior wood
- Soft and hard woods
- Dimensionally stable wood building elements: e.g. windows and doors
- Wood building elements with limited dimensional stability, e.g. folding shutters, matchboarding, summerhouses
- Wood building elements with no dimensional stability: e.g. fences, framework, carports, planking
- Undiluted: primer for aluminium-clad wood windows
- 1:1 with water: impregnation with no active ingredients
- 1:3 with water: washing aid
- Quick and easy to use
- Quick-drying and easy to sand
- Strengthens wood
- Raises the fibres, enabling them to be removed during the first sanding operation
- Reduces spotting when used in combination with coloured primers
- High-yielding concentrate
Dimensionally stable wood building elements: wood moisture content 11-15%
Wood building elements with limited or no dimensional stability: wood moisture content max. 18%
Temperature of the material, air and substrate: from min. +15 °C to max. +30 °C.
Stir well, including during application or after a break in work.
Application by brush, dipping, flow coating, spraying.
Once dry, apply further coatings.
Cannot be used as a replacement for wood preservative.
Seal opened containers well and use contents as soon as possible.
Check colour, adhesion and compatibility with the substrate by setting up a trial area.
The best flow results on Accoya, oak and chestnut are achieved at a pH value of 9.0–9.5, corresponding to an additive content of 0.3–0.5% VP 20829 Additive (0366).
If foaming occurs in the flow coating system, it is recommended to add 0.2-1.0% VP 9325 defoaming agent - strength 2.
Dust-dry: after approx. 30 minutes
Overcoating: after approx. 4 hours
(at 23 °C and 50% RH)
If force drying is used, can be overcoated: after approx. 90 minutes
(20 minutes dripping/50 minutes drying phase (35-40 °C)/20 minutes cooling phase)
Low temperatures, poor ventilation and high humidity delay drying.
Concentrate can be diluted up to a ratio of 1:3 with water.
Working tools / cleaning
Brush, dipping tank, flow coating facility, spraying equipment
Clean tools with water or Aqua RK-898 Cleaning Concentrate immediately after use.
Ensure that any residue from cleaning is disposed of correctly.
Storage / shelf life
If stored unopened in its original container in a cool, dry place and protected against frost, the product will keep for at least 12 months.
30 - 90 ml/m² per coat (depending on the area of application)
Observe the information sheets “Upkeep and Maintenance of Dipping Tanks and Flow Coating Facilities” and “Information on Workplace Hygiene”.
Safety / regulations