Article No. 714501
Liquid, water-based wood preservative with preventive action against blue stain, soft rot, insects and termites
Downloads & documents
- Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before using!
The stated values represent typical product characteristics and are not to be construed as binding product specifications.
Field of application
- For use on exterior wood
- Wood which is not in ground contact, in accordance with DIN EN 335-1, use classes 2 and 3
- Wood building elements with no dimensional stability: e.g. fences, framework, carports, planking
- Wood building elements with limited dimensional stability, e.g. folding shutters, matchboarding, summerhouses
- Load-bearing wood elements under roofs (e.g. trusses)
- Dimensionally stable wood building elements (when used as a primer only): e.g. windows and doors
- Pre-treatment under translucent or opaque coatings
- Preventive protection against wood-discolouring fungi (blue stain), wood-destroying fungi (rot), insects (and termites)
- Reduces spotting when used in combination with coloured primers
- Impregnated wood is suitable for all follow-up coatings
- Economical thanks to the low application rate
The substrate must be clean, dry, free of dust, grease and loose substances, and prepared in the correct manner.
Dimensionally stable wood building elements: wood moisture content 11-15%
Wood building elements with limited or no dimensional stability: wood moisture content max. 18%
Thoroughly remove any dirt, grease and non-adhering old coatings.
Take appropriate measures to protect adjacent building elements and materials that should not come into contact with the product.
Observe BFS Code of Practice No. 18 "Coatings on Wood and Wooden Working Materials in Outdoor Areas".
Temperature of the material, air and substrate: +15°C to 30°C.
Check colour, adhesion and compatibility with the substrate by setting up a trial area.
Rainfall may cause water soluble substances to bleed from wood that is rich in such substances, e.g. oak, red cedar, afzelia, redwood, etc. This may lead to the discolouration of light-coloured masonry or render.
Can be overcoated: after approx. 4 hours
Practice values at +20 °C and 65% relative humidity.
Low temperatures, poor ventilation and high humidity delay drying.
Ready to use
Working tools / cleaning
Brush with acrylic bristles, flat brush
Clean tools with water or Aqua RK-898 Cleaning Concentrate immediately after use.
Ensure that any residue from cleaning is disposed of correctly.
Storage / shelf life
Store in well-sealed, original containers, out of the reach of children and in a dry, cool, well-ventilated room which is protected from direct sunlight and frost. No smoking is permitted in storage areas.
100 ml/m²: for use against fungi, insects and termites
The product has been evaluated according to the Biocidal products regulation (EU) No. 528/2012 and approved by the Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (BAuA). This approval replaces the general approval by the German Institute for Building Technology (DIBt).
In accordance with DIN 68800-1, wood preservation measures must be planned in a timely and careful manner in coordination with all parties involved in the construction (architect, client, contractor) taking into account legal requirements and local conditions.
Larger quantities of leftover product should be disposed of in the original containers in accordance with the applicable regulations. Completely empty, clean containers should be recycled. Do not dispose of together with household waste. Do not allow to enter the sewage system. Do not empty into drains.
European waste code 03 02 02* organochlorinated wood preservatives
Safety / regulations
For further information on the safety aspects of transporting, storing and handling the product and on disposal and environmental matters, please see the current Safety Data Sheet.