Article No. 495401
Downloads & documents
The stated values represent typical product characteristics and are not to be construed as binding product specifications.
Field of application
- Non-destructive testing of water absorption/time unit
- Checking the effectiveness of hydrophobising agents
- Can be used to estimate the water absorption coefficient according to DIN EN 772-11
4 x Funcosil test tubes
1 x Funcosil test plate
1 x digital stopwatch
1 x sprayer (polyethylene)
1 x palette knife (width 30 mm)
1 x butyl rubber (fixing)
Clean and dry the bonding surfaces of the Funcosil test tube/test plate.
Remove any substances that could impair adhesion from the surface of the building material being tested.
Fix the test tube or test plate in position by placing butyl rubber between the contact surface of the tube and the surface of the building material.
Conducting the measurement
- Fill the test tube with tap water up to the top graduation mark.
- Use the stopwatch to measure the amount of water that penetrates the building material in a period of e.g. 30 seconds, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 and 15 minutes, and record the results.
- When a fill level of 3 ml is reached, refill the test tube. Record this water volume.
- Once the test is complete, carefully detach the test tube from the base using a filling knife.
Refilling the test tube
When the level reaches 3 ml, refill the stand tube.
Record this amount of water.
After completion of the test, carefully remove the test tube from the substrate with a trowel.
For detailed information regarding the application, please refer to the data sheet "Implementation Instructions".
Safety / regulations
For further information on the safety aspects of transporting, storing and handling the product and on disposal and environmental matters, please see the current Safety Data Sheet.