Article No. 714405
Liquid wood preservative on a solvent base with preventive efficacy against blue stain, soft rot, insects and termites
Downloads & documents
- Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before using!
The stated values represent typical product characteristics and are not to be construed as binding product specifications.
Field of application
- For use on exterior wood
- Wood which is not in ground contact, in accordance with DIN EN 335-1, use classes 2 and 3
- Wood building elements with no dimensional stability: e.g. fences, framework, carports, planking
- Wood building elements with limited dimensional stability, e.g. folding shutters, matchboarding, summerhouses
- Load-bearing wood elements under roofs (e.g. trusses)
- Dimensionally stable wood building elements (when used as a primer only): e.g. windows and doors
- Pre-treatment under translucent or opaque coatings
- Protection against rot, blue stain and termites
- Resistant to swelling, regulates moisture
- Impregnated wood is suitable for all follow-up coatings
- Economical thanks to the low application rate
The substrate must be clean, dust-free and dry.
Dimensionally stable wood building elements: wood moisture content 11-15%
Wood building elements with limited or no dimensional stability: wood moisture content max. 18%
Thoroughly remove any dirt, grease and non-adhering old coatings.
Take appropriate measures to protect adjacent building elements and materials that should not come into contact with the product.
Observe BFS Code of Practice No. 18 "Coatings on Wood and Wooden Working Materials in Outdoor Areas".
Temperature of material, surroundings and substrate: min. +5 °C - max. +30 °C.
Qualified specialist companies: brushing, dipping, flow-coating and spraying in closed systems only.
Seal opened containers well and use contents as soon as possible.
Check colour, adhesion and compatibility with the substrate by setting up a trial area.
Can be overcoated after approx. 24 hours
Practice values at +20 °C and 65% relative humidity.
Low temperatures, poor ventilation and high humidity delay drying.
After drying, the treated wood can be finished with acwater-based or solvent-based coating system.
If a water-based finish is used, overnight drying is required.
Ready to use
Working tools / cleaning
Brush (natural bristles), dipping basin, spraying tunnel
Clean tools immediately after use with V 101 Thinner. Dispose of the remains from cleaning properly.
Storage / shelf life
Store in well-sealed, original containers, out of the reach of children and in a dry, cool, well-ventilated room which is protected from direct sunlight and frost. No smoking is permitted in storage areas.
Preventive protection against blue stain, soft rot, insects and termites at 150 ml/m²
The product has been evaluated according to the Biocidal products regulation (EU) No. 528/2012 and approved by the Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (BAuA). This approval replaces the general approval by the German Institute for Building Technology (DIBt).
Larger quantities of leftover product should be disposed of in the original containers in accordance with the applicable regulations. Completely empty, clean containers should be recycled. Do not dispose of together with household waste. Do not allow to enter the sewage system. Do not empty into drains.
European waste code 03 02 99 wood preservatives not otherwise specified
Safety / regulations
For further information on the safety aspects of transporting, storing and handling the product and on disposal and environmental matters, please see the current Safety Data Sheet.