Article No. 737812
Universal alkoxy-cross-linking silicone sealant
Once fully cured
100% (DIN EN ISO 8339) 0.28 N/mm²
(DIN EN ISO 8339) > 200%
(DIN EN ISO 7389) > 80%
(DIN EN ISO 10563) Approx. -4%
(DIN EN 15651-1) 25%
The stated values represent typical product characteristics and are not to be construed as binding product specifications.
Field of application
- Glazing work – especially in wood window manufacturing
- Expansion and connection joints in buildings and sanitary areas
- Waterproofing in roof areas
- Metal and sheet metal processing
- Interior construction, parquet etc.
- Mounting of mirrors and plexiglass
- Wear-resistant and streak-free
- Coating-compatible according to DIN 52452, part 4
- Film preservative protects against microbial damage
- Extremely strong adhesion
- No need for an adhesive primer on many substrates
The sides of the joints must be load-bearing, dry, clean and free of grease, metals must be bare.
For window-making, the regulations of DIN 18545 or the information publications of IFT Rosenheim must be observed.
In construction work the joint dimensions required by DIN 18540 must be observed.
Joints that are too deep should be filled with round cords.
If needed and depending on the substrate, Silicone Primer P can be used as an adhesive primer.
Observe flash-off times.
Temperature of the material, air and substrate: from min. +5 °C to max. +35 °C
Cut off tip at an angle according to the width of the joint and inject, filling the joint completely.
Apply the material with sufficient pressure to the sides of the joint, then smoothen with a moist spatula.
Skin formation and hardening depend on storage and change as the product ages.
Hardening times increase at increasing joint depths.
Skin formation: approx. 8 minutes (+23 °C/50% RH) Hardening: approx. 2 mm/day (+23 °C/50% RH)
Working tools / cleaning
Manual and compressed air gun, spatula, adhesive tape
Storage / shelf life
If stored unopened in its original container in a cool, dry place and protected against frost, the product will keep for at least 9 months.
Special product variants (colour/consistency) 6 months.
Observe the information on the container.
Approx. 100 ml/running metre for a 1 cm² joint cross-section
Under certain conditions, silicone sealants in general tend to exhibit
colour alterations (yellowing).The main factors responsible are:
- contact with coatings based on alkyd resins or linseed oil
- contact with resins or terpenes contained in wood
- contact with unsuitable detergents
- dark rooms
- exposure to tobacco smoke.
Deviations from applicable regulations must be agreed separately.
The relevant test certificates must be observed when planning and carrying out work.
Larger quantities of leftover product should be disposed of in the original containers in accordance with the applicable regulations. Completely empty, clean containers should be recycled. Do not dispose of together with household waste. Do not allow to enter the sewage system. Do not empty into drains.
Safety / regulations
For further information on the safety aspects of transporting, storing and handling the product and on disposal and environmental matters, please see the current Safety Data Sheet.