Arte Mundit - ideal for cleaning interior historic wall surfaces
The latest developments for cleaning interior wall surfaces are peel-off pastes based on a specially formulated natural latex dispersion. As the water evaporates, the polymer crosslinks into an elastic film that adheres to the surface to be cleaned. This film can be easily removed mechanically without the use of water. The cleaning effect is based on two different principles, which vary depending on the type of contamination and formulation of the product. On the one hand, surface dirt remains stuck to the resulting film, on the other hand, the ingredients loosen and complex certain compounds on the surface to be cleaned and are then also incorporated into the latex film.
The different types of Arte Mundit
The basic product Arte Mundit Type I is a specially formulated aqueous dispersion of natural rubber. If the contamination present is more extensive than just adhering dust particles and needs to be removed via chemical means, the basic material is supplemented with small quantities of various complexing agents. As the addition of these components affects the viscosity of the latex dispersion, the end product must be reconfigured in each case in order to achieve the desired working properties.Therefore, different types of Arte Mundit are available according to the level and nature of the active cleaning substances.
The success of an Arte Mundit type (I, II, III, V or Eco) depends on the substrate and on the nature and intensity of the contamination and is therefore difficult to predict. For this reason, different types should always be tested on small trial areas.
Arte Mundit Type I
- Specially formulated Latex dispersion without active cleaning agents
- Single component
Arte Mundit Type II, III and V
- Specially formulated latex dispersionwith increasing concentrations of activecleaning agents
- Two components
Arte Mundit ECO
- Especially environmentally friendly cleaning paste made from natural raw materials
- Free from EDTA, inorganic salts, surfactants and organic solvents
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Does not contain any volatile neutralising agents
- Long-lasting protection against moss and algae growth
- Single component
Advantages of Arte Mundit
In contrast to many other methods, cleaning with Arte Mundit caneasily be carried out while the building is being used.
- Virtually no water is needed
- No dust is generated
- Low noise pollution
- Almost any surface can be cleaned, including sensitive and valuable substrates
- Easy to apply with a brush or sprayer
- No chemical after-effects/no “contamination” of the substratewith constituents of Arte Mundit
- User-friendly and highly efficient
- Salts in the substrate are not activated
- Also cleans deeper pores and moulded parts
Peel-off pastes for historic interior wall surfaces2 products found
You can find more information on cleaning indoor areas in our brochure.